Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

KitchenAid Pulled Meat

If you enjoy Pulled Pork sandwiches, Ropa Viejo, BBQ beef sandwiches , or Pulled Chicken sandwiches a KitchenAid stand mixer can take the work out of making these culinary treats.  I've always enjoyed them, but the effort of using two forks to pull apart the meat was far too time consuming and tedious. 
My KitchenAid Classic makes it so easy to do, I have these delicacies a lot more often now.  I boiled the chicken, or roasted the beef or pork first.  When you cut the meat, cut it across the grain in about 1-inch sections.  Put the chunks of meat into the bowl of your mixer.
I set my mixer speed to 4.  It only took about 40 seconds to shred it.
Honestly, doing it by hand would have taken at least 20 minutes. 
The pictures show chicken, but it is just as quick using pork or beef. 
So what do you do with it then?  Well, you can find a tasty recipe for BBQ pulled chicken here.
Or, I do it this way for tacos as well.
 In fact, I used this method for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.  It turned out amazing! 

Turkey Tacos

(made 12 tacos)

I used;
1 lb of leftover turkey meat, shredded
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 Cup salsa.
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons fresh Cilantro, chopped, optional

Directions

Shred meat using your stand mixer.  Place oil in large skillet on medium high, add onion and saute  until translucent.  Add garlic, cumin, and oregano and cook for 1 minute more.  Add lime juice, black beans, shredded turkey, and salsa. Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.  Stir in Cilantro just before serving.  I served these with shredded lettuce, chopped onion, chopped tomato, and grated Feta cheese on corn tortillas.  I mixed equal parts salsa and cranberry sauce to top them.

I know it sounds kinda weird mixing salsa and cranberry sauce together but it worked really well. These were  awesome!  My mouth is running like a river just thinking about them.  Honestly, if you have leftover turkey, you need to try this recipe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by my blog! Leave a comment and let me know what you think.