Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Fruit in my Backyard

I suppose you've already seen the coconut tree picture taken from my backyard on Anne's Coconut Cake Recipe.  Now I'm going to show you the star fruit or carambola tree.
As you can see I'm going to have my work cut out for me trying to use all of these!  I have an idea for a fresh salsa using star fruit, red onion, and jalapeno peppers to put of fresh grilled fish.  I'll let you know how that turns out!
I've also used them with several other fruits in a fruit salad dressed simply with honey and a small amount of sugar and fresh mint leaves.  Really good with banana, pineapple, grapes, and melon.
So, I'm on the lookout for any other recipes using Star Fruit.
If anyone has any suggestions leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by my blog! Leave a comment and let me know what you think.